The Fast Future of AI
The Fast Future of AI
Hello Earthlings! In today’s episode, our host Lisa Ann Pinkerton (CEO of Technica Communications) and our guest David Krueger (Assistant Professor at Cambridge University) discuss the blisteringly fast future of AI!
In his work at Cambridge, David helps with the computational lab and its machine learning departments. He focuses on deep learning algorithms, AI alignment and in his words “whatever we can do to prevent the chance that AI leads to human extinction.” David has a vast knowledge of the ways an AI system could potentially disrupt and in some cases even jeopardize human life as we know it.
We explore the fundamental differences between Narrow AI and General AI, analyze potential risks, and ponder the implications of Superhuman AI. Join us on this journey through the evolving landscape of artificial intelligence.
- Exploring the fundamental differences between Narrow AI and General AI and their respective applications.
- Analyzing the potential risks of AI development
- Superhuman AI and the implications for human-AI collaboration in the future
- AI’s potential impact on human decision-making
- Examining the concept of proxy gaming and its connection to AI development.
- Unpacking the risks posed to the information ecosystem, social mechanisms, and personal privacy by AI technologies
- Shedding light on the risk of autonomous weapons in military applications and the ethical concerns surrounding their use.
- Examining the idea of unrestrained competition in the development of AI and its potential implications.
- Delving into strategies for promoting a more responsible development of AI technology.
- Addressing the technical alignment problem and its importance in AI development.
- The significance of global AI regulations and the barriers to implementing them on a worldwide scale.
- Exploring the possibility of AI achieving self-awareness or consciousness and the implications it holds.
- Investigating the nature of subjective experience and the main issues surrounding AI consciousness.
- Debating the dangers and consequences of granting AI rights to machines.
- Unveiling the risks posed to both humans and AI entities in the race for technological advancement.
- Analyzing the impact of social and economic systems on human nature and their connection to AI development.
- Drawing parallels between climate change and AI with regards to economic and social structures.
- Discussing predictions and projections for the future of AI and its potential impact on humanity.
- Reflecting on the urgency of addressing climate change and its relation to AI development.